15 Garden Hacks for Thrifty Gardeners
Gardening doesn’t have to be difficult or costly with these solutions utilizing things that you already have around the house, or using things you have in a different way. By doing so you can save some money, time and in a lot of cases, reuse / recycle things that would commonly just be thrown away.
Here are some fun and clever garden hacks to help make your garden more successful.
1. Use K-Cups as Seed Starters
Via Simmworks Family
2. Turn an Old Bird Bath Into a Succulent or Fairy Garden
3. Keyword Keys Can Be Turned into Fun Plant Markers
4. Use Milk Jugs to Water Your Garden
Simply clean them and poke holes in the lid. Via A Journey to a Dream
5. Use Eggs Cartons to Start Your Seedlings
Via Thrifty Jinxy
6. Reuse Wine Bottles To Be a Gradual Water Supply for the Plants
Via The Greenists
7. Make an Automatic Water Supply
Keep your indoor plants watered with some paper towels and a glass of water.
Via Life Hacker
8. Make Your Own Seed Bombs Using Muffin Tins and Newspaper
More details: Mademoiselle Chaos
9. Use Coffee Filters to Keep Soil from Leaking Out of Pots
10. Make a Vertical Herb Garden Using a Shoe Rack
11. Place Plastic Forks in the Soil to Prevent Animals from Getting into Your Garden
12. Create a Greenhouse Using the Top of a Milk Jug to Protect Your Seedlings
13. Make Biodegradable Planters from Toilet Paper Rolls
Via Dunster House
14. Build Your Own Rain Barrel to Water the Garden
Get the instructions here
Which one of these hacks was the biggest surprise for you? Or you may even know some more interesting tricks? Share them with us in the comments below!