Do it Yourself Apple Pine Tree Wreath
This festive Apple Pine Tree Wreath makes a nice change from the traditional round Christmas Tree Wreaths so commonly seen. Best of all, you can make it yourself!
To make the project, you will need the following materials:
- 1 Wire Flat tree shaped form size 15 x 17 1/2″. (you could also make a form by bending heavy gauge wire in a tree shape and criss- crossing it with wires across it.)
- Floral wire – 1 spool of #24 gauge
- Cedar and Spruce branches – enough to cover the form well
- 3 yards of Red velvet ribbon – 2 1/2″ wide
- 10 green apples
- Clear floor wax
- Glue gun and glue sticks.
1. Dip the apples in the clear floor wax and let them dry. Repeat a second coat. (the wax protects the fruit for use outdoors and also gives a nice shine to the apples.
2. Cut the branches into 6 inch lengths. Start at the bottom corner of the wire frame, attach the branches to the tree form with some floral wire. Wire the pieces to the bottom, then the sides and then fill in the center of the frame.
3. Push pieces of floral wire into the apples and attach them as shown in the photo to the wire. 1 apple on top row, 2 on next, then 3, and 4 on the bottom row. Fill in around the apples with more greenery to hide any spaces.
4. Make a large four loop bow with the red velvet ribbon. Wire the bow to the frame below the bottom row of apples.
5. Make a loop with the floral wire and twist it together at one end. Attach at the back to the top of the tree and hang on a wreath hanger on your door.
What a lovely greeting this apple pine tree wreath will make!
Inspiration for this project is a vintage issue of Crafts ‘n Things magazine.