8 Gardeners Share their Favorite Tools
Garden tools come in many shapes and forms. They can be old or new, vintage or right out of the box. Whatever the tools are that gardeners use, they are usually very special to them.
The right garden tools makes any job in the garden much easier, whether you’re planting, weeding, pruning, or taking care of indoor plants. There is no denying that gardening is made all the easier by good-quality, appropriate tools.
I asked my friend from my collective Facebook Page, The Garden Charmers, to share some links and photos of their favorite garden tools. Many of them had a single special tool that makes their work easier. Others had a whole shed full of them. But all have special significance in some way.
What I ended up with is a virtual tour of my friends tool kits. How many of these are familiar to you?
Here is a list of the projects in this garden tool kit roundup.
- Tools galore and a potting bench too – by Jacki of Drought Smart Plants.
- A plethora of vintage Tools– by Carlene of Organized Clutter.
- A Mini Outdoor Greenhouse – by Stephanie of Garden Therapy.
- Thirsty Ladybug Light– By Carol at The Gardening Cook
- Five Essential Tools – by Lynne at Sensible Gardening and Living
- Whimsical take on tools and tool bucket– from Judi of Magic Touch and Her Gardens.
- Favorite Garden Tools and Supplies – By Melissa of Empress of Dirt.
- 2 Watering Cans & a Tool Arbor – by Barb of Our Fairfield Home & Garden.
1. Jackie from Drought Smart plants has an article that show cases her gathering of garden tools and her potting bench too. She even has a tutorial on how to make her bench. You can see her post at Drought Smart Plants.
2. If you like vintage tools, you will want to visit Carlene from Organized Clutter. She has a great article that features a plethora of neat old vintage Tools. You can see all these tools and more at Organized Clutter.
3. This mini outdoor greenhouse by Stephanie of Garden Therapy makes use of large garden planters under small umbrella shapes to start plants and seedlings outdoors. Gives an extended season for your growing needs. You can see the project at Garden Therapy.
4. How adorable is this thirsty ladybug light from the Gardening Cook. When the soil under him gets dry he blinks on and off to let you know it is time for a drink of water. See this neat tool at The Gardening Cook.
5. Lynne from Sensible Gardening and living relies on her five essential tools – pruners, shears, snips, a hoe and a rake. See why she loves these tools at Sensible Gardening and Living
6. Judi from Magic Touch and her Gardens has a whimsical take on tools and a tool bucket– You can read her article at Magic Touch and Her Gardens.
7. Melissa from Empress of dirt must have a thing for tools. She has a whole Amazon page featuring her favorite garden tools and Supplies. See what Melissa thinks are the best tools at this list by the Empress of Dirt.
8. Barb from Our Fairfield Home and Garden has the neatest arbor made from two rakes. The galvanized watering cans below it make for a great pairing. See more gardening ideas at Our Fairfield Home & Garden.
Do you have favorite tools that you just can’t live without? Please leave your comments below and tell us why they are important to you.