DIY outdoor lighting ideas don’t have to be restricted to fairy lights. There are many creative and lovely ways to accent your backyard or garden with the use of lights. Many of these lighting ideas start with unusual materials, like the chandelier made from a hula hoop. Recycled materials also take center stage, with Mason jars and wine bottles stepping into the spotlight.
25 Fun DIY Outdoor Lighting Ideas to Light Up Your Exterior on a Budget
Using an interesting container for existing lights, whether they are solar or electric, brings your backyard an extra dose of style. Lights can be added to glass bricks to make illuminated paving stones. Glass lanterns can be filled with fairy lights or solar lights.
One cute idea that everyone will love is making a tiny fire pit or fire bowl. One method calls for using liquid alcohol fuel, and another calls for simply making a small fire in the proper container and surrounding it with stones. These mini fire pits are fun and quirky accents to the fashionable backyard.
Use our 25 DIY outdoor lighting ideas and accent your exterior space with softly glowing lights. These lights will illuminate outdoor celebrations or highlight parts of your garden.
1. Make a Chandelier from a Hula Hoop
2. Make Wine Bottle Torch Lamps
3. Convert a Floor Lamp to Solar
4. Hang Charming Mason Jar Candle Lanterns
5. Surround a Globe Light with a Rope Sphere
6. Make Your Own Chandelier with Tin Cans
7. Use Planters to Make an Outdoor Light
8. Decorate a Lamp Shade with Burlap
9. Make a Tiki Torch with Industrial Style
10. Knotted Jute String Lanterns with Candle Holders
11. Fill a Glass Lantern with Fairy Lights
12. DIY Outdoor Lighting Idea for Fire Bowls
13. String Edison Lamps from Tall Light Poles
14. Make Your Own Tiny Fire Pit
15. Use Glass Globes and String Lights Together
16. Give Solar Lights a New Base
17. Make a Lantern with a Solar Light
18. Outdoor Light Fixture with Grapevine Globes
19. Glass Bricks Make Lighted Paving Stones
20. DIY Outdoor Lighting Idea with Mason Jars
21. Large Mason Jars with Rope Handles
22. Glassy Ice Bowls for Outdoor Lighting
23. Make Your Own Lighted Wood Letters
24. Simply Put a Tea Light in a Mason Jar
25. Candles and Succulents Together on a Shelf